Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I've got a training schedule!

Thanks to my amazing friend Chrissy, who will be coming to good ole' Jackson, Mississippi to run the Mississippi Blues Marathon with me - I officially have a training schedule! It looks difficult. For example, let's take a gander at what I need to do the rest of the week, shall we?

Wednesday: Jog 60 seconds (50%), walk 40 seconds (10-15%), sprint 20 seconds (85%), [walk 60 seconds (10-15%), jog 40 seconds (50%), sprint 20 seconds (85%)] - repeat 10 times.

Thursday: Jog 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds - repeat 10 times (easy peasy!)

Friday: Rest - walk X as long as she can go (probably a mile - then she'll be begging to go home b/c she's lazy!)

Saturday: Jog 60 seconds, walk 60 seconds - repeat 16 times or 2 miles. Do more if you're feeling good!

Sunday: Rest!

Okay, I take it back. This first week doesn't seem too bad. I can handle it. However, then we get into next week and the week after and so on. Less than 2 months until I run a half marathon - can you believe it?! I know I can't. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die when I cross that finish line, but dammit, I will finish and that's what matters. I look too pretty with medals hanging around my neck not to get another one.

Oh yeah! Speaking of medals and "another one" - if you're not my FB friend, you might not know! Remember that 5K I ran a few weeks ago? I won 3rd place in my age group - and my time was 41:08! I got my time messed up - woot! There were 11 people in my 20-29 age group and I got third! I may have freaked out at work about it. Maybe. IT WAS THE BEST FEELING EVER! See for yourself!

I'm so proud of myself. But before you get all "WTF? You won something with a 41:08 in a 5k!?" trust me, I think I was the slowest person not pushing a stroller lol. But that's okay because dammit - it felt good! I'm sure it'll take quite some time before I'll win another, but I don't care. I have my medal hanging on my desk for the world to see! I'M  RUNNER, BITCHES!

I'm trying really hard not to be mad at the scale. I can tell my clothes are getting way loose and I can tell that my double chin is receding, so I know I'm losing weight. The f*cker just won't go under 200. This morning I was 201. I've been eating like a boss, too. Tracking all of my calories in and calories out. I even got Brian to start doing MyFitnessPal! Everyone follow him! MrKrinkle69 (classy, eh?) and if you aren't already, follow me! BRenkwell - I'll be your friend and I promise to cheer you on!

No comments:

Post a Comment