Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It's been a while...but it's the beginning of March still, right?

Is that March-y enough for you? K. Good.

Hey, hey, hey! Yes, I realize I've been failing at this blogging thing recently. My bad. Please don't cane me - that looks painful. Thanks. I'll gladly take some swift kicks in the butt though, I've been completely unmotivated.

You see, I've had some "Blahs" recently that I figured y'all didn't really want to know about. Basically, the month of February was just kinda there. Not much going on one way or the other. I didn't work out as much as I'd like and I was sick for the last week or so. I'm going to compare it to "It's a Small World" at Disney World. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing too exciting and just a lot of the same.

Whatever, I'm over it and it's MARCH now! March! Can you believe it?! This weekend I'll be doing my first 15K - The Gate River Run in my hometown of Jacksonville, FL! I'm excited. My friend Jesse lives in Jacksonville, but she won't be running with me so I've been trying like crazy to find folks in Jacksonville to meet up with so I won't be drinking my post race beer alone.

That picture with the runners over there -->? That's people running in the River Run in the past (I have no idea what year, sorry) - but that blue thing? That's the Main Street Bridge in Jacksonville. Its one of my favorite things in the whole entire world. If I'm homesick, I look at pictures of the Main Street Bridge because it's so beautiful. I love it.

Anyway, the River Run is this weekend - and I haven't run in about a week and a half because I've been sick. Coughing up lots of delicious things, waking up with a super sore throat, sounding like a zombie mixed with a chain smoker and blowing my nose like a champ. Thankfully, I'm starting to feel a smidge better (FINALLY - and effing knock on wood, because good lord, I'm so sick of being sick). I'm hoping to get on the treadmill or out on the road tonight and tomorrow and just get some light running in so I won't be throwing my body into a 15k without any training at all.

I've also signed up for the St. Paddy's 5K here in Jackson which happens on St. Patrick's Day. Jackson has a HUGE St. Patrick's Day celebration/parade every year and this 5K is the one I initially told myself I wanted to run when I decided to be a runner! So YAY! I'm excited.

I guess I'll update more later. For now, check out this month's pics. They're not anything very special, just once again reminding me that I need to do SOMETHING to make next month's pics change.




That container had my after work pineapple snack  in it. Apologies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment