Friday, August 5, 2011

A shot in the butt didn't do it...

Welp, I don't have strep throat, but my throat feels terrible. I mean, I yawn and squeak because it hurts, I can't stop drinking because it hurts, I don't get it. Oh and my energy level? Zilch. Needless to say, I haven't been working out - and I'm NOT happy about it. I'm also not happy that I put back on 2.2 of the el-beez that I had dropped. CURSES.

Is a Z-Pack supposed to be some magical medical miracle? Or maybe when it's paired with a Decadron shot, it's supposed to have mystical healing powers? Why is it that when I go to the doctor, this is almost always the course of action?



IT DIDN'T WORK, DOC.
 For serious.



I guess I should be happy that I'm staying pretty hydrated. Basically, if I'm not drinking water, juice, whatever, I'm kinda miserable. Of course, when I'm working out, I try to drink water and keep hydrated and yada-yada, but this is just crazy. We saw my water bottle that I keep at work in a previous post, but I'll take another shot of my friend Big Red.

Ah, there she is. 28 oz of my best friend H20. There's a water cooler on the other side of the office that I typically visit twice a day. That's 56 oz of water just at work on average - not too shabby, right? Well, I counted the number of times I went to the water cooler yesterday and today; yesterday - 5 times. Today (and I've only been in the office 1/2 of the day) 5 times.

Now, people who know me well know that I'm about to have to pull out my calculator to figure out what 28 x 5 is...so hold on  a sec, kay? HOLY CRAP - I've had 140 oz of water PER DAY for the past two days. How the eff am I not constantly in the bathroom - and WHY am I still thirsty!? The little mysteries of life, I suppose. Or one that my doctor friends (okay, who am I kidding, I don't have many of those) can answer for me.

Anyhoo - the gist of this entire long winded blog entry is to tell you that I've re-gained some weight (thanks, ice cream) and I still haven't worked out since Monday. But I'm wearing my new "motivation kicks" thanks to my fabulous husband. Wanna see? I kinda love them.

OH YEAH - The REAL reason I wanted to blog today is because I have gotten some amazing feedback from rando-readers and friends. It is astounding to me that this stupid little blog that I don't keep up with nearly as much as I should has been an inspiration to people. That is just overwhelming to me. I'm not a motivational person. I'm not someone that others strive to be. I'm most DEFINITELY not someone who is typically someone who inspires people, so this is new to me, but seriously, I can't thank all of you enough for the support, inspiration and motivation you've given me already. This is unreal.

NOW GET YOUR ASS TO THE GYM!! I'm going to finish another bottle of water and go home and rest up. I've got some gettin' well to do. Later, gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment